Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28630 Discussions

ifort: warning #10182: disabling optimization; runtime debug checks enabled

Le_Callet__Morgan_M

I recently increased the size of some static array and now get the following warning.

I tried changing  my array to dynamic array for the file in question but to no avail.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi,
You didn't indicate the warning you got. Assuming you're allocating array in local scope and you're running on Linux, stack size determines the max size limit.  Try setting stack size by using the ulimit command:
"%ulimit -a" will show the limits available on the system and you can set or modify using "%ulimit -s <stack size>"

_Kittur

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

OK, I just realized you have the warning in the issue title. Let me transfer this issue to the Fortran forum for resolution.

_Kittur

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

This message comes out based on command line options; did you add full checking, with -C -check all, or similar?

It is not produced based on the size of arrays.

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Le_Callet__Morgan_M

Many thanks all.

My configuration is as follow:

vs2010

Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 14.0.1.139 [Intel(R) 64].

I got it in s state where even when compiling an empty file (no code or empty subroutine code) it also fires this warning.

0 Kudos
Le_Callet__Morgan_M

Dear all,

just realised  I posted in the wrong part of the forum ie I am not running on Linux/mac.

This thread can be deleted I ll start a new one on the windows forum.

Sorry about this

0 Kudos