Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28602 Discussions

initialization of variable in intel fortran compiler for 64bit

pe_rasouliyahoo_com

Hi everybody,

I have code which is developed initially with Fortran 90 in 32-bit. now when I compile it with 64-bit compiler, I realized that he compiler does not initialized the variable to zero and it just initialized the with weird values that resulting to wrong results in the output. how can I automatically initialized all values to zero in compilerwithout changing the source code?

Cheers,
Pejman

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I

thanks for the reply. I am nor sure but is it in "Tools/options/Intel Visula fortran/compilers/default otions"?

Project->Properties->Fortran->Data->Initialize Local Scalar Variables.

or add options (type) to

Project->Properties->Fortran->Data->Command Line

A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You would be better off to correct the program. But otherwise, try adding the options /Qsave and /Qzero. You just got lucky on the 32-bit side as variables aren't initialized there either.
0 Kudos
pe_rasouliyahoo_com
You would be better off to correct the program. But otherwise, try adding the options /Qsave and /Qzero. You just got lucky on the 32-bit side as variables aren't initialized there either.

thanks for the reply. I am nor sure but is it in "Tools/options/Intel Visula fortran/compilers/default otions"?
0 Kudos
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I

Project->Properties->Fortran->Data->Initialize Local Scalar Variables.

or add options (type) to

Project->Properties->Fortran->Data->Command Line

A.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You also have to set the Data > Local Variable Storage property to "All variables SAVE".
0 Kudos
pe_rasouliyahoo_com
You also have to set the Data > Local Variable Storage property to "All variables SAVE".

thank you so much!!!
0 Kudos