Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

.inp file

kageist
Beginner
I'm having trouble figuring out how to get intel fortran to skip the comment lines in my .inp file that's in my project. I tried putting "!" at the beginning of the lines and then "*" and "c". I can run the program with the input file correctly using a batch file outside of intel fortran. Is there something I can doto get it to skip the comment lines? Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This is a file that is read by the program? There is no such thing as comments in an input file from the Fortran perspective, except for NAMELIST input in which ! introduces a comment. A .inp file will not be compiled, even if added to the project, unless you specified that .inp is a Fortran source file extension in Tools > Options > Intel Visual Fortran > General.

Some more detail as to what you are doing would be helpful.
0 Kudos
kageist
Beginner

That answers my question, actually. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Gee__L_
Beginner

So prof Steve,does the fact that,based on your above answer that the .INP will not be compiled unless if it is specified that  the .INP is a Fortran source file extension pose any issue to running the program afterwards?.What I meant to say is,will the program still run as expected if the .INP extension is not specified,or it just need be specified before it could run?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II

Based on your other posts - that file is not a Fortran source file.  That is an input file for the Aspen Plus program itself.

0 Kudos