Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28457 Discussions

install problem on 11.1 fortran/C compiler

ifortman
Beginner
I am using Centos 6.2 with the 11.1 version of ifort and icc. In the process of reinstalling after a disk failure I am getting

32-bit libraries not found on this system.
This product release requires the presence of 32-bit compatibility
libraries when running on Intel 64 architecture systems. One or more
of these libraries could not be found:
libstdc++
libstdc++5
glibc
libgcc
Without these libraries, the compiler will not function properly.
Please refer to Release Notes for more information.

(Previously it proceeded without incident since I was using Centos 5.4 that apparently had the appropriate 32 bit libraries)

Does anyone exactly what packages to "yum" in order to satisfy the compiler requirements.

Thank you
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
I don't know about Centos, but on openSuse one has to install the "compat-32" shared libraries. A simple way of checking if one's Linux set up is ready for Intel Fortran is to try and compile a short "Hello World" C program with gcc -m32.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
That's a rather old version of ifort to be installing on a current linux. As mecej4 said, you would need the libstdc++-33 or compat-libstdc++ i386 installation, along with a complete installation of the (preferably) oldest g++ you can find. g++-4.1 from CentOS 6.0 might work. If you are running CentOS x86_64, you must install both the 32- and 64-bit g++ of the same version.
You didn't say whether you are running the normal 64-bit CentOS, or why you would install the 32-bit compiler.
Even when you use components of similar vintage, installing 32-bit ifort on 64-bit CentOS is somewhat difficult. You would start with a normal g++ (64-bit) developement system installation, plus the 32-bit glibc development library, then find a corresponding 32-bit g++ (or build it yourself).
0 Kudos
ifortman
Beginner
Thank you for your suggestion. I have decided to install a newer version.

0 Kudos