Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

installation fails with core dumped

anze
Beginner
I am trying to install fc 10.0 on my quad core xeon system with ubuntu GG and it fails with:

The Intel Software Setup Assistant may attempt to connect to the
Intel Registration Center to validate your Serial Number. This may take
several minutes depending on your network. Please wait...

You may press Ctrl+C to cancel.
Floating point exception (core dumped)

Any ideas? I've been googling like an idiot and can find anything remotely similar. Tried two files and they both fail in the same way: l_fc_p_10.0.023 and l_fc_p_10.0.023_intel64

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
10.0 does not support installing on Ubuntu and I think this is one of the reasons why. We should have an update out in a few weeks that supports Ubuntu.
0 Kudos
anze
Beginner
Hi,

Thanks for reply. I get exactly the same with icc as well.
Are there any work-arounds? Can I install on a different system and then just move /opt/intel over? Can't live without ifc+icc!!!

a
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I am not familiar enough with the problem to be able to suggest workarounds. My recollection is that it has something to do with missing or incorrect libraries on Ubuntu. You can certainly try copying the folder and see if that works.

If you submit an issue to Intel Premier Support you can ask if there's a workaround, but do keep in mind that this is not a supported combination.
0 Kudos
anze
Beginner
OK,

installed on a different machine and moved over and it works like a charm.

The problem is in the secore program, which crashes during installation. I am in talks with Premier Support People over how to fix that. They are surprisingly responsive!

anze
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
"surprisingly"??
0 Kudos
save_o_matic
Beginner
But, which machine can I install it on?

I have another pc with feisty where ifort works.
Should I copy "/opt/intel" on my machine with gutsy ? Could it work properly?

thank you

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It might. Try it and see.
0 Kudos