Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28652 Discussions

internal compiler error with ifort 13.1.1 at level -O2

Edwin_B_
Beginner

The attached file causes the compiler to die at -O2, but it compiles fine at -O1.  I've include a compile script and the verbose output as well as the source.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I don't see any problem with the current intel64 compiler, on an Ivy Bridge platform.   I didn't keep 2 versions back.  It might be more meaningful if you would use a specific architecture option, since you didn't specify your platform, and be more specific about "die."

0 Kudos
Edwin_B_
Beginner

I'm using Sandy Bridge.  I tried -xAVX and that did not have any impact on the problem.  By "die", I meant the error shown at the end of the compile.log file:

: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for set_periodic_rot.F (code 1)
~

I found a workaround for the issue.  Just move the reference to ipvmjob outside the innermost loop and -O2 then works.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I can reproduce this in 13.1.1 but not in the current update, 13.1.2 (Update 4)

0 Kudos