Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

libiomp problem

roddur
Beginner

i have installed ifort11.074 in fedora10.while i compile my threaded job , it shows error

error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

while this library is present in the same file as .a version. a obvious workaround is compile the job statically. but my worry is why it cannot access the libiomp.so while it can access libiomp.a residing in the same dir.?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rafael_Barreto
Beginner
I don't know if it will solve your problem.
But make sure the library directory is in the ld path.
In Slackware, I put the path in /etc/ld.so.conf

pc:~$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/local/ga-4-0-8/lib/LINUX64
/usr/local/intel/cce/10.1.012/lib
/usr/local/intel/fce/10.1.012/lib
/usr/local/intel/mkl/10.0.1.014/lib/em64t
/usr/local/lib
/usr/i486-slackware-linux/lib

After this you must run, as root, ldconfig command.

I am not sure, but there are another ways, such as put the library path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and export it.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - Rafael Barreto

I am not sure, but there are another ways, such as put the library path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and export it.

As Rafael indicates, the expectation is that you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, as sourcing one of the ifortvars scripts would do.

0 Kudos
roddur
Beginner
Quoting - tim18

As Rafael indicates, the expectation is that you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, as sourcing one of the ifortvars scripts would do.

how idiot i am...i did had LD_LIB_PATH.....but fotgot that i had to update that as well(as i update from 10.1 to 11.0) ..... anyway, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - roddur
Quoting - tim18

how idiot i am...i did had LD_LIB_PATH.....but fotgot that i had to update that as well(as i update from 10.1 to 11.0) ..... anyway, thanks for your help.

Welcome to the club. We've all been there - don't feel so bad :~)

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos