Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

libirng.so: undefined symbol: __intel_avx_rep_memcpy for a mex interface

utab
Beginner

Dear all,

I built the Fortran version of the sparse linear solver library MUMPS without problems. And the examples codes for the Fortran interface seems to work without problems.

However I am also interested in the MATLAB interface of the same library. Namely, I am trying the compile the MATLAB interface with gcc-4.7 since that is the supported compiler by MATLAB 2016.a. I provided the necessary intel runtime libraries or at least, I was thinking that I provided. The mex compilation process went fine without any problems however if I try to run the test codes related to the MATLAB interface, I am running into a problem with an undefined symbol, it seems that still I did not link all the necessary components. The error I am getting is as follows:

.../linux/compiler/lib/intel64/libirng.so: undefined symbol: __intel_avx_rep_memcpy

What I am linking for the intel runtime libraries is provided below.

-L<path>/intel_parallel_studio_2016_2/compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.181/linux/compiler/lib/intel64_lin -lifcoremt -lifport -lirc -lsvml

Any ideas on how I can solve this problem are appreciated highly.

Best regards,

Umut

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

That should be found in libirc. Interestingly I don't see -lirng in your command line. Are you using ifort or ld to do the link?

0 Kudos
MGRAV
New Contributor I

To fix this problem, we just need to update libraries used by Matlab (very old one) with the latest from Intel.

Mathieu

0 Kudos