Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

link ABAQUS with Intel One API base toolkits and Intel one HPC and visual studio to run FORTRAN

zhangqinglai
Beginner

Hi, I am the PhD student and I have the Abaqus 2020 license. And I need to use UEL and UMAT subroutine which coded by Fortran into Abaqus. But I can't link Abaqus and Fortran complier.  

I tried to download visual studio 2019 and Intel One API base toolkits2022 and Intel One HPC toolkits 2022. And edited the system environment variables to add the location of visual studio and Intel API, and also changed the properties of both Abaqus CAE and Abaqus command by adding the location of visual studio and Intel API. While I tried many times, it didn't work. Could you please help to solve the problem and please let me know what I should do? 

My Abaqus version is 2020, visual studio is 2019, Intel One API base and HPC toolkits are 2022.

Many thnaks,

Qinglai

0 Kudos
1 Solution
James_T_Intel
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Few of the persons participating in the Intel Fortran forums are Abaqus users. If you are attempting to build a DLL from Fortran source code for use with Abaqus, and you report the specific steps that you took in that attempt, and the error messages and program outputs, you may be able to get some help here. Simply saying that you have a problem linking with Abaqus and that  you have tried many times is not of any use in diagnosing what the specific problem is.

Please consult this article (non-Intel site) and see if it contains information that may help you.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

At the head of this forum page is a pinned note by Intel on how to use Abaqus,  you will need to do as @mecej4  suggests and hunt out the answer.  This is part of being a PhD student, learning how to use the tools.  Abaqus is just a tool.  

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Have you had an opportunity to try the instructions at https://info.simuleon.com/blog/free-fortran-compiler-on-windows-for-abaqus-material-modeling-0 to see if that works?

0 Kudos