Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

link issues with latest MKL

Ian_K_
New Contributor I

I have recently downloaded and installed the latest version of MKL.  When I compile and link I get "fatal error" LNK1104 cannot open file 'mkl_intel_c.lib.  I am using 

Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic for applications running on IA-32, version 2021.5.0 Package ID: w_oneAPI_2022.0.0.3663

If I switch back to

Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on IA-32, version 19.1.3 Package ID: w_comp_lib_2020.4.311

The link option proceeds normally.

I have tried deinstalling the latest compiler and reinstalling and that has not helped.  Please note that I did not individually delete any folders or files because I was not sure which were appropriate.

I suspect a path/environment issue 

I tried

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\2022.0.0\env\vars.bat 

but this had no effect.

I am not clear which way I should proceed 

Thanks in advance for any help/clues

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The paths to the the 32-bit libraries and DLLs are OK, but those 32-bit subdirectories do not exist.

As the release notes explain (under "Known Issue"), you have to install the OneAPI Base Toolkit for Windows (32-bit) as an add on.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The paths to the the 32-bit libraries and DLLs are OK, but those 32-bit subdirectories do not exist.

As the release notes explain (under "Known Issue"), you have to install the OneAPI Base Toolkit for Windows (32-bit) as an add on.

0 Kudos