Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28592 Discussions

lld-link issues when using ifx instead of ifort

aristotelis42
Beginner

I have a large project in VS2022 that builds fine with ifort. However, switching to ifx (after seeing the compiler message about becoming deprecated) leads to some errors.

I managed to narrow down the issue to the following error:

error: x64\Debug\ONDAM.obj: CHSOD.alias should not refer to special section 0

For context, I have a file called chsod.f containing a subroutine with the same name (not inside a module). The subroutine uses a lot of custom modules which is hard to turn off to see if they are causing this issue.

Any advice on how to track down the source of the problem would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel
Employee

What version of ifx are you using? 2024.0.0 is the latest.

How are ONDAM and CHSOD related?

It looks like you are building a debug version. What compiler options are you using?

It's hard to offer much advice without a reproducer.

0 Kudos
aristotelis42
Beginner

I am using the latest version of ifx. 

ONDAM is the module that contains the subroutine that calls CHSOD.

In terms of the flags used, please see below:

compiler:
/nologo /debug:full /Od /fpp /I"..\common_modules\x64\Debug\\" /D_DEBUG /warn:interfaces /module:"..\common_modules\x64\Debug\\" /object:"x64\Debug\\" /Fd"x64\Debug\vc170.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds /libs:qwin /dbglibs /c

linker:
/OUT:"x64\Debug\ISISf64_DEBUG.exe" /LIBPATH:"..\..\..\..\SDK\Licensing\FM_Security\x64\Debug_DLL" /LIBPATH:"..\..\..\..\Dependencies\xmdf\library\lib" /LIBPATH:"..\ISIS_Output_Quickwin\x64\Debug\\" /NODEFAULTLIB:"msvcrtd.lib" /MANIFEST:NO /DEBUG /PDB:"x64\Debug\ISIS.pdb" /MAP /MAPINFO:EXPORTS /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /STACK:100000000 /LARGEADDRESSAWARE /IMPLIB:"x64\Debug\ISIS.lib" zlibdlldx64.lib validate_licence_library.lib software_protection.lib ISIS_Output_Quickwin.lib mkl_intel_thread_dll.lib mkl_intel_lp64_dll.lib

To be fair, the build is through Visual Studio if that makes any difference.

I will try to create a minimal example to reproduce, but it might not be easy (or might not capture the complexity of the original code).

0 Kudos