Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

/mac/tbb/lib not found when linking

Jacob_Williams
New Contributor I

Installed m_fcompxe_2016.3.068.dmg on a new Mac. When attempting to link a simple "hello world" program (ifort test.f90 -o test), I get this warning:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/intel//compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.170/mac/tbb/lib'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/intel//compilers_and_libraries_2016.3.170/mac/tbb/lib'

(it does appear twice). The program works, though. Should I be concerned?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

TBB is part of Intel C++ compiler and not included in Intel fortran compiler. The warning is caused by a known issue in the compiler environment setup script. It can be safely ignored.

As a workaround you can install Intel C++ compiler on the system too if you have an valid license. Another way is not sourcing the "compilervars.sh" before using the compiler and just directly invoke the compiler through the links under "/usr/local/bin" folder created by the compiler installation program.

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Luan_Y_
Beginner

How to invoke the compiler through the links under "/usr/local/bin" folder, please?

0 Kudos
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

Luan Y. wrote:

How to invoke the compiler through the links under "/usr/local/bin" folder, please?

Not source the "compilervars.sh" before using the compiler. 

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos