Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

mkl_intel_thread.dll missing error

Yvan
Novice

Hi, I am using Visual Studio 2019 with Intel oneAPI to try to run a Fortran code which calls some routines from IMSL Fortran Numerical Library 2019 (which I have installed with a license). I get the following error message:

The code execution cannot proceed because mkl_intel_thread.dll was not found. 

I tried to link my project to oneMKL automatically by selecting Project->Properties->Fortran->Librairies->Use Intel Math Kernel Library->Parallel and Sequential (I tried both).

I also tried to link my project to oneMKL manually by selecting Project->Properties->Fortran->General->Additional Include Directories-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\latest\lib\intel64 together with Debug Information Format: Full and Optimization: Maximize Speed plus Higher Level Optimization.

I also tried to place the mkl_intel_thread.dll file directly in my project folder, and added it to the project via VS.

Neither attempt was successful. I am not sure what to do now, could someone help me please?

Yvan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

The MKL install does not add the folder with the MKL DLLs to the system PATH environment variable. You need to do that yourself. I assume you installed MKL from the oneAPI Base tooklkit.

It's the IMSL DLL that is referencing the MKL DLL - changing your project properties isn't going to accomplish anything. If your version of IMSL includes static libraries (you will need to reference a different INCLUDE file), you can try that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

The MKL install does not add the folder with the MKL DLLs to the system PATH environment variable. You need to do that yourself. I assume you installed MKL from the oneAPI Base tooklkit.

It's the IMSL DLL that is referencing the MKL DLL - changing your project properties isn't going to accomplish anything. If your version of IMSL includes static libraries (you will need to reference a different INCLUDE file), you can try that.