Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

msvcr120D.dll missing when running exe file on other computer

jaum
Beginner

Hello, I get the below attached error message when trying to run the exe file on a computer where the Intel Compiler tool is not installed.
I found recommendation in the internet to install additional runtime libraries, etc., but unfortunately I couldn't fix the issue. Where to change some settings in the MVS in order to include all necessary DLLs to the exe file? Any other recommendations?

Error message:
"The program can't start because MSVCR120D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Read previous posts here about how debug mode builds aren't set up for distribution to other computers.  Apparently, it expects at least a partial installation of VS2013 or 2012.  You might also fiddle with VS redistributables.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016-composer-edition-fortran-debug-solutions-release-notes

0 Kudos
jaum
Beginner

Ok, thanks for the hint - but even if I create a release version, the same error message appears. Since I'm not so familiar with the MVS and all settings, it would be great to get further input on which option needs to be further changed in order to fix the problem.

By the way, the recommended VC Redistributable were already installed.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If it's still looking for the debug dll, there must be a .obj in your build which you didn't rebuild in release mode.  I guess the debug dll isn't included in the standard VC redistributable.

0 Kudos
jaum
Beginner

Hello Tim P. - many thanks for the hint. There was a linked Library that was not yet created as "release". After changing the program works as it should :-) Many thanks!

0 Kudos