Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28602 Discussions

msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: __imp___fpieee_flt already defined in dformd.lib(fix.obj)

huminf
Beginner
Hi,
We have a mixed language environment (c/c++ and fortran) and we are trying to change our release build from /MT to /MD.
But we receive the following error:
msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: __imp___fpieee_flt already defined in dformd.lib(fix.obj)
As you might have noticed, we're using a .NET version of Microsoft Visual Studio: vc 7.1 (Microsoft 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86)
I applied the lastest update to the Visual Fortran Compiler: 6.6C3. However, I am not sure the update updated the correct directory - this is what the compiler says: Compaq Visual Fortran Optimizing Compiler Version 6.6 (Update C)
I stated /NOD in the linker options, with I think the correct libraries in the correct order: dformd.lib dfport.lib msvcrt.lib msvcprt.lib oldnames.lib
Sadly, we still receive ther error.
Could anyone help us please?
Thanks in advance, Dirk
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Microsoft played games with that symbol in VC6, looks like they changed things again in VC7. CVF does not claim compatibility with VC7 - sometimes you can get ut to work, but perhaps this is not one of them.
0 Kudos