Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ncl-ncarg-5.2

carinavb
Beginner
Hello: I'm trying to install ncl-ncarg-5.2 with Intel compilers.
I do whatever I found in the page (ncl and Intel), but I still havn't all the files that i supposed to.
I attach the make-output log.

The command grep SYSTEM_INCLUDE Makefile returns

SYSTEM_INCLUDE = "LINUX"

i think the problem is with the flags or something with Intel fortran or icc compilers.
Wich flags I suppose to use?
I hope you can help me resolve this.

Regards
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Unless I'm misled by the Spanish, your attachment says you didn't set read permission on your include directory. I don't see how you can attribute this to flag settings or blame the compilers.
0 Kudos
carinavb
Beginner
Hi Tim, thanks for the answer. The directory have the read permission...
What i did was start all over again....
I compare the list of files that I must have, I don't have them all....
I read the make-output log and I saw warnings and errors like...

/usr/include/X11/Xlib.h(81): error: invalid redeclaration of type name "wchar_t" (declared at line 54 of "/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/072/include/stddef.h")
typedef unsigned long wchar_t;
^

compilation aborted for xdevice.c (code 2)
make[5]: *** [xdevice.o] Error 2

icc -O -I../../../.././include -I/usr/X11R6 -DLinux -DMAJOR=2 -DSYSV -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DByteSwapped -DNeedFuncProto -c -o s_gopks.o s_gopks.c
s_gopks.c(45): warning #167: argument of type "const char *" is incompatible with parameter of type "void *"
if( !strcmp( err_file, "stderr" ) || !strcmp( err_file, "stdout" ) ) {
^

s_gopks.c(45): warning #167: argument of type "const char *" is incompatible with parameter of type "void *"
if( !strcmp( err_file, "stderr" ) || !strcmp( err_file, "stdout" ) ) {
^

I attach the new make-output log, and in the configuration file (LINUX) I have an error in CtoFLibraries, now I set that value with -lifcore, I attach the LINUX file again..

Regards
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
These look like legitimate complaints from the compiler, a possible indication that the source code was never checked for such errors (it may have been made to compile only with older compilers which didn't check). As this is a question of C syntax, it might better be followed up on the C/C++ forum, if there is no forum for this application. Is there an updated version consistent with the level of gcc which you have installed on your system?
0 Kudos
carinavb
Beginner
hi Tim, thanks for the answer.
I can't use gcc, I must use intel compilers, because I compile WRF, netcdf and WPS with Intel, and this tool must be compiled with Intel.
I send an email to the application forum as well, I still waiting for response.

Thanks..
Bye
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You can't use icc without a gcc installation. If your source code is not consistent with the gcc as well as icc, you are likely to see these difficulties. Much of the syntax checking is due to improvements in gcc over the last 5 years.
0 Kudos