Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26730 Discussions

new install of XE 2017 update 2 under VS2015 fails

chunky_lover_23
Beginner

recently got a new computer at work and had intel compiler installed into VS2015.  All went well (no errors thrown) but when I try to compile I get:

ifort: error #10408: The Intel(R) 64 target compiler cannot be found in the expected location. Please check your installation or documentation for more information.

ifort: error #10036: unable to run 'C:\PROGRA~2\INTELS~1\COMPIL~1.187\windows\bin\intel64\ifort.exe'

I've noticed that in the installation folder:  'C:\PROGRA~2\INTELS~1\COMPIL~1.187\windows\bin\intel64 DOes not contain any .exe files - BUT they can be found in:  'C:\PROGRA~2\INTELS~1\COMPIL~1.187\windows\bin\intel64_ia32

in Vs2015 I tried updating the pointers in  Tools->options->Cisual Fortran->compilers-> executables.  But this made no difference.

Any Ideas ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Black Belt
It looks like you may have selected ia32 rather than intel64 at the beginning of installation