Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

no traceback after calling abort

Craig_P_1
Beginner

I'd like for the traceback information to be printed when I call abort in my code, but it doesn't seem to be doing this.  From what I've read, it seems like calling abort should print a stack trace.  Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?  Thanks!

I've compiled with the following options using both ifort versions 11.1.046 and 2013.0.079:

-FR -assume byterecl -g -debug all -traceback

all it prints is

abort: Fortran Abort Called

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

A traceback is provided only when an exception is raised or the Fortran run-time system detects an error condition. Calling abort simply exits the application with no chance for the traceback to be issued.  You can call TRACEBACKQQ (USE IFCORE to declare it) to get a traceback at any point.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

A traceback is provided only when an exception is raised or the Fortran run-time system detects an error condition. Calling abort simply exits the application with no chance for the traceback to be issued.  You can call TRACEBACKQQ (USE IFCORE to declare it) to get a traceback at any point.

0 Kudos
Craig_P_1
Beginner

That works, thanks!

0 Kudos