Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

porting vms's INCLUDE

Deleted_U_Intel
Employee
Hi, I'm trying to port out project from VAX to PC. We used a lot of INCLUDE 'TEXTLIB(MODULNAME)'. I'm just wondering if there exists a windows tool to create the text lib, so that I don't have to change all those includes.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
durisinm
Novice
According to CVF's on-line help, INCLUDE 'TEXTLIB(MODULENAME)' is a syntax that's available only for use on VMS.

You can store all the files from your VMS text library in a specific Windows directory and specify that directory to be searched when the compiler encounters INCLUDE 'FILENAME' statements in your source code. From the CVF on-line help:

The /include or /I option specifies one or more additional directories (path) to be searched for module files (USE statement) and include files (INCLUDE statement).

In the visual development environment, specify Custom INCLUDE and USE Path in the Preprocessor Compiler Option Category.

Mike
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Hah! I knew this would come in handy some day...

Some time ago, I added an undocumented feature to CVF, which is enabled when you have turned on the VMS compatibility switch (/vms). It turns INCLUDE 'TEXTLIB(MODNAME)' into INCLUDE 'MODNAME'. So if you simply have your modules as .F (or .F90, as appropriate) files in your source directory (or somewhere on the include path), it will find them.

Steve
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
That's not quite right. On VMS, modules in a text library don't actually have file names. You may have used a .txt file to create the library, but that doesn't affect the contents of the library. All there is is a module name.

Steve
0 Kudos