Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

project type

erheiqin
Beginner
I have two questions to ask:
1. Are there anyways to switch project from one type to another? for example, from QuickWin to Console Application? I use Project->Add ..->files to get all the sources files, but I cannot get them built.
2.I don't want to have windows, when I run the code. I understand I need tobuild myproject infortran window application. I replace my "program main" by
INTEGER(4) function WinMain ( hInstance, hPrevInstance, & lpszCmdLine, nCmdShow ) use dfwin use kernel32
and put
use dfwin use kernel32
in all the subroutines.
but, I have trouble to compile the subroutine with the following statement
real*8, pointer:: n0p=>null()
I got error message:
Error: This array or function or substring is invalid in constant expressions. [NULL] real*8, pointer:: n0p=>null()
: Error: This is not a valid initialization expression. [NULL] real*8, pointer:: n0p=>null()
Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
gregscvf
Beginner
This topic must have gotten lost though it poses some useful questions of general interest. I'm certainly not an authority, but I'll give it a try anyway.
1) You cannot change project types in mid stream under CVF. Start a new project with new type, and drag the files to it. You may then delete the old projectif desired.
2) DFWINs NULL is probably conflicting with the NULL() intrinsic. Try using:
USE DFWIN, NUL=>NULL or some other name to substitute NUL for NULL.
Greg

Message Edited by gregscvf on 12-08-2003 01:28 PM

0 Kudos
gregscvf
Beginner
Should be:
USE DFWIN, Xxx => NULL
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II

Actually, you can change project type, but it's a tad tricky, as you have to edit manually project settings in edit box containing compiler & linker switches at the bottom. Here's a brief list (off the top of my head, check out the differences yourself)

Console projects:
Link tab: /subsystem: console

QuickWin projects:
Link tab: /subsystem: windows
Fortran tab: /libs:qwin /MW (I'm not sure about the latter). Also, Ithink you have to choose some kind of multi-threaded libraries.

Win32 projects:
Link tab: /subsystem: windows

Dlls:
Link tab: /subsystem: windows /dll

Jugoslav

Message Edited by jugoslavdujic on 12-09-2003 12:46 AM

0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II

Actually, you can change project type, but it's a tad tricky, as you have to edit manually project settings in edit box containing compiler & linker switches at the bottom. Here's a brief list (off the top of my head, check out the differences yourelf)

Console projects:
Link tab:

0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II

Actually, you can change project type, but it's a tad tricky, as you have to edit manually project settings in edit box containing compiler & linker switches at the bottom. Here's a brief list (off the top of my head, check out the differences yourelf)

Console projects:
Link tab:

0 Kudos