Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28486 Discussions

resource.fd creating error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict ...

chunky_lover_23
Beginner

Attempting to resurrect yet another old CVf Program (yes they're still around)... I am trying to re-create a dialogue panel application.

I have copied in the necessary lines into the script.rc file which compiles ok - after I manually incorporated the "include <windows.h>" line.  I can edit the dialogues ok in the Visual Studio 2010 dialogue editor.  Running Fortran SE 2011 (Package ID: w_fcompxe_2011.4.196)

When I clicked Save I got a warning message saying that the script.rc & Resource.h files were from an older version - and did I want to re-create them - clicked yes to this.   BUT when I come to build, once the resource.fd is created (using the deftold resource.h resource.fd) I get the following list of errors.  Any ideas what I can try next ?

Script and resource.h and resourc.fd files attached. (script.rc and resource.fd renamed with .txt extensions since the upload tool didn't like their actual extensions).

Errors:

Error 1  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDABORT] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 109 
Error 2  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDHELP] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 552 
Error 3  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDIGNORE] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 647 
Error 4  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDCLOSE] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1203 
Error 5  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDOK] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1244 
Error 6  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDNO] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1396 
Error 7  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDRETRY] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1584 
Error 8  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDYES] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1661 
Error 9  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDCANCEL] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1715 
Warning 10  warning #6371: A jump into a block from outside the block may have occurred.   [100] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\b_w_messaging.for 62 
Error 11  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDABORT] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 109 
Error 12  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDHELP] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 552 
Error 13  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDIGNORE] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 647 
Error 14  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDCLOSE] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1203 
Error 15  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDOK] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1244 
Error 16  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDNO] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1396 
Error 17  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDRETRY] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1584 
Error 18  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDYES] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1661 
Error 19  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDCANCEL] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1715 
Error 20  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDABORT] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 109 
Error 21  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDHELP] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 552 
Error 22  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDIGNORE] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 647 
Error 23  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDCLOSE] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1203 
Error 24  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDOK] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1244 
Error 25  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDNO] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1396 
Error 26  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDRETRY] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1584 
Error 27  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDYES] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1661 
Error 28  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDCANCEL] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 1715 
Error 29  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDABORT] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 109 
Error 30  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDHELP] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 552 
Error 31  error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement.   [IDIGNORE] C:\Users\jmoffat\Documents\_jmoffats_stuff\Microsoft Visual Studio\Intel Fort Projects\b_w_form\b_w_form\resource.fd 647 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I get the following list of errors.

Missing.

When I clicked Save

A large part of the context is missing. There are lots of items that can be saved: configurations, options, project files, source files, logs, results, etc.

Perhaps you should zip up a complete set of all files in the project and post the zip file. Preferably, the set should contain the smallest test  source codes with which the problematic behavior can be reproduced.

0 Kudos