Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28744 Discussions

testing if dll files are created properly

superbeginner
Beginner

I just wanted to check if my Fortran creates dll files OK, as something is wrong when I compile a subroutine using Wamit (a code for wave loads). I  use this command on a provided .f-routine

superbeginner_0-1676538841406.png

No changes in the routine, only compile. Then I get when I run Wamit:

superbeginner_2-1676538939801.png

If I use provided dll file it works. So, found a simple code online for check if dll files are created properly, but it did not work. 

superbeginner_3-1676539127034.png

I'm a novice in this (all I wanted to do was to run Wamit, and make minor changes in a subroutine), do anybody know what to do, or what is causing the errors?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You evidently have a free-form Fortran source but named it with a .f file type, so the compiler thinks it is fixed form.  Rename your helloworld.f to helloworld.f90 See Doctor Fortran in "Source Form Just Wants to be Free" - Doctor Fortran (stevelionel.com)

I am unsure what you are trying to do. You can't take a main program and create a DLL from it.

The "Unable to start" error could be that you're mixing 32-bit and 64-bit, but you have shown only the error messages so it's hard to tell.

0 Kudos