Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

thanks to Intel Fortran team

vivekrao4
Beginner

Intel Visual Fortran 9.1.036 was just released. The latest release adds several more Fortran 2003 features. I bought IVF because it was a fast Fortran 95 compiler, but I am getting F2003 features as a free upgrade. Thanks to Steve and the Intel Fortran team!

I wouldn't mind some advice from "Dr. Fortran" in future blog entries on how and when to use features of Fortran 2003.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Vivek,

I'm glad that you like the compiler and the F2003 features. More will come in the future.

0 Kudos
g_f_thomas
Beginner
This is good news, but ...Why has the ieee fp exception handling business not appeared to date, VNI had an implementation for CVF years ago but it doesn't work with ivf due to the absence of matherrq (IIRC, and for other reasons it didn't work for CVF, something related to rounding mode support or not). Also, while not f2003 related, is the COM builder moving along?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There's only so many hours in the day, Gerry. The IEEE FP exception handling is on our list and is likely to be one of the features implemented sooner rather than later.

COM Server Wizard will be a standard feature in the next major release, later this year.

0 Kudos