Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28634 Discussions

Intel Compiler Fortran & C++ 9.1 - IL version mismatch

pascal_schoenmakers

Hello

I am trying to compile the benchmark CPU SPEC2006 with Intel Compiler 9.1 C++ & Fortran, When I Try to compile the programs that use C++ and Fortran, I still get message "IL version mismatch"

For instance when I try to compile the program 435.gromacs (C++ & Fortran Programs) I still get the following errors :

Fatal error: D:cpu2006enchspecCPU2006435.gromacs unuild_base_cpu2006.winx64.em64t.fast.exe.00013dview.obj: Object's il version(1.21590.2.771) does not match the compiler's il version(1.21590.2.1211).

ifort: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)

Command line used by cpuspec to compile :

ifort -fast -Qauto_ilp32 -D_Complex= -DSPEC_CPU_P64 /F950000000 -Qprof_use flincs.obj fsettle.fppized.obj fshake.obj innerf.obj flincsd.obj fsettled.fppized.obj fshaked.obj 3dview.obj atomprop.obj binio.obj block_tx.obj bondfree.obj buffer.obj calcgrid.obj calch.obj calcmu.obj calcvir.obj clincs.obj comlib.obj confio.obj constr.obj copyrite.obj coupling.obj csettle.obj disre.obj do_fit.obj do_gct.obj dummies.obj ebin.obj edsam.obj enxio.obj ewald.obj ewald_util.obj f77_wrappers.obj fatal.obj ffscanf.obj fftgrid.obj filenm.obj fnbf.obj force.obj futil.obj gbutil.obj gctio.obj genalg.obj ghat.obj glaasje.obj gmx_system_xdr.obj gmxfio.obj ifunc.obj index.obj init.obj init_sh.obj innerc.obj invblock.obj ionize.obj libxdrf.obj macros.obj main.obj maths.obj matio.obj md.obj mdatom.obj mdebin.obj mdrun.obj memdump.obj minimize.obj mshift.obj mvdata.obj mvxvf.obj names.obj network.obj nrama.obj nrjac.obj nrnb.obj ns.obj nsb.obj nsgrid.obj orires.obj pargs.obj pbc.obj pdbio.obj pme.obj poisson.obj pppm.obj princ.obj psgather.obj pssolve.obj psspread.obj pull.obj pullinit.obj pullio.obj pullutil.obj rando.obj random.obj rbin.obj rdgroup.obj readinp.obj relax_sh.obj replace.obj rmpbc.obj shakef.obj shift_util.obj sim_util.obj smalloc.obj sortwater.obj splittop.obj stat.obj statutil.obj strdb.obj string2.obj symtab.obj synclib.obj tables.obj tgroup.obj tpxio.obj trnio.obj trxio.obj txtdump.obj typedefs.obj update.obj vcm.obj vec.obj viewit.obj wgms.obj wman.obj wnblist.obj writeps.obj xdrd.obj xtcio.obj xutils.obj xvgr.obj -Fegromacs

Is there a way to disable this IL version check to allow this compilation

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The problem is that you're using /Qipo (implied by -fast) and thsi requires that you use same-release-date versions of the C++ and Fortran compilers. There is no way to disable the check except to not use the IPO feature. You should get a matching set of C++ and Fortran compilers.
0 Kudos
g_f_thomas
Beginner
The ivf 9.1.037 readme.txt states that /Qipo in mixed solns now requires same release date Intel C++. Does this eliminate use of VC++, same release date or otherwise?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You can use MSVC, but you'll get a lot less benefit from IPO as it can't see the whole program. The "same release date" rule applies only to the Intel compilers.
0 Kudos