Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

the ordinal 747 could not be found

jvandeven
New Contributor I

I just updated to version 17.0, and encountered the following error message after re-compiling an application that I develop:

"The ordinal 747 could not be located in the dynamic link library" - with reference to both dll and exe files that I develop.

I have no idea what these error messages refer to, or what to do to address the problem.  The same error is not reported with the version 16 compiler.

Many thanks for any help given,

Justin.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

That usually indicates a version mismatch between the EXE and DLL. Would you please show us the complete and exact text of the error message? It would also be helpful to attach a zip of the EXE and DLL. If you don't want to do that, then maybe download and run Dependency Walker, open your EXE with that, do FIle > Save to save the .DWI file and attach a ZIP of that here.

0 Kudos
jvandeven
New Contributor I

Brilliant - I ship the application I develop with impi.dll and libiomp5md.dll copied into the application's root directory.  It seems that one of these dll's is at fault because updating them has resolved the problem.

Many thanks Steve,

Justin.

0 Kudos
ylloydnu-z_net
Beginner

I had this same problem "Ordinal 747 not located..."

I replaced the file "libiomp5md.dll" that was in my directory with the application with the new one that came with the 2017 installation and now my application works. 

Thanks for the idea, Jvandeven,

Lloyd

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Generally you should not be copying the run-time DLLs into local directories. Always make sure that you are using libraries of the same version or newer than the compiler.

0 Kudos