Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

the procedure entry point for_stop_core_quiet could not be located

beezhazen1
Beginner

"the procedure entry point for_stop_core_quiet could not be located in the dynamic link library test.exe", where test.exe was compiled using OneAPI Fortran and Visual Studio Community 2019.

"test.exe" runs correctly within Visual Studio (in debug and release modes), but fails with the ... entrh point ... error when executed outside of Visual Studio.

I"m just getting started with this version of Fortran and Visual Studio.  Could someone please give me a hint how to solve this problem?  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Install the oneAPI Fortran Compiler Classic run-time libraries from Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files  You want Runtime Versions > Windows > Fortran Compiler Classic for Windows.

Make sure you don't have old copies of the Intel Fortran run-time DLLs also in PATH or in the application folder.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Install the oneAPI Fortran Compiler Classic run-time libraries from Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files  You want Runtime Versions > Windows > Fortran Compiler Classic for Windows.

Make sure you don't have old copies of the Intel Fortran run-time DLLs also in PATH or in the application folder.

beezhazen1
Beginner

That fixed the problem.  Thanks, Steve.  You also helped me with a problem several years ago.  Thanks for your continued contributions!

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

I have the same problem here except we are running version 2021.3.  The web paged linked (  Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files) doesn't list a run time installer for the classic compiler for windows, only one for macOs for the 2021.3 release.  Why is that missing?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I'm not sure why it's described differently, but use this one.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 193611.png

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

We tried running that version and it didn't fix the problem.  It still can't locate the entry point.  I note for 2021.2 that there is a link for both the classic compiler and the beta compiler. 

1. Do the classic and beta compilers use the same libraries?

2. What actual file is the procedure in so I can verify it is installed. 

3. Why are the run time libraries not already installed when we install the compiler? It does seem for most users they are, but not all?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The particular library you want is libifcorert.dll. It is not enough that it be installed - the system PATH environment variable must be updated to point to the folder(s) containing the Fortran run-time DLLs. This is done by the runtime installer.

However, I have sometimes seen that users have a copy of an older runtime DLL in the folder for their application, in a Windows System folder, or in some third-party application folder that is earlier on PATH. The only place this DLL should be is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\intel\Shared Libraries\intel64 (or IA32). (If you find one under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler, that's OK.)

One way to easily identify the problem is to download and run Dependency Walker and open your EXE with it. Ask it to show file paths for DLLs it finds and see where the libifcorert.dll loaded resides. (Ignore any errors or warnings it provides.)

My guess is that you have an older copy of the DLL being found first.

As to your third question - they used to be, and I think it is a big mistake that, not only is it not done, but that users are not warned about it nor told where to find the runtime libraries. I have complained to Intel about it.

0 Kudos
CHobbs1
Novice

Steve!  Good to see you saving us all still.

I used to get around this problem (I thought) by compiling the libraries with the executable statically: Debug Multithreaded (/libs:static /threads /dbglibs) in VS2019.  It is not working this time.  What could I be doing wrong.  I did search for the libifcoretd.dll.  Found 16 of them.  So, wanted to know if you know what switch I might use in the compiler to get the exe to stand alone (again).

All advice greatly appreciated.  Please let me know. Thank you.

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

Thanks again Steve for the help.  Will track down that dll and see what it takes to get it resolved.

Dave

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

@CHobbs1 The recent versions of the compiler install update PATH to point to the folder containing the latest DLLs, but PATH may still contain entries from older versions - those should be removed.

If you are linking statically, then you should not have this problem unless you're linking to an old version of the static library, but then the error message would be different. What exactly does "not working" mean here? Please show your work.

0 Kudos
CHobbs1
Novice

I have VS2019 Professional set to build the debug x86 fortran program using 

Intel Libraries for oneAPI – toolkit version: 2021.1.1, extension version 21.1.0.16, Package ID: w_oneAPI_2021.1.1.99,

Intel® Fortran Compiler – toolkit version: 2021.1.1, extension version 19.2.0061.16, Package ID: w_oneAPI_2021.1.1.99,

and the compiler switch:

Debug Multithreaded (/libs:static /threads /dbglibs)

Cleaning everything up and rebuilding the entire solution gave me an exe that works in the studio and as a standalone in file explorere.

So, all is now well.  I may have had a different problem with an old object file.

Sorry to bother.  

0 Kudos