Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

the result of last "break point"

Mike896
Beginner

Hi

I am not familar to debugger (visual studio 2008).

When debugging, if I press "Navigate backward/forward", I thought it can bring me to the result of last "break point".

But it doesn't. How to show every previous result by using debugger?

Thanks.

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
onkelhotte
New Contributor II
Quoting - Mike896

Hi

I am not familar to debugger (visual studio 2008).

When debugging, if I press "Navigate backward/forward", I thought it can bring me to the result of last "break point".

But it doesn't. How to show every previous result by using debugger?

Thanks.

Mike

AFAIK the debugger can only show the actual value of a variable. It would use a lot of memory, when you want to trace back every single value of all your variables since your program started.

What does "Navigate forward / backward" mean? I havent found that option in debugger.

When I want to trace a variable over a period of time, I write it into a text file to see the changes.

Markus

0 Kudos
Mike896
Beginner
Quoting - onkelhotte

AFAIK the debugger can only show the actual value of a variable. It would use a lot of memory, when you want to trace back every single value of all your variables since your program started.

What does "Navigate forward / backward" mean? I havent found that option in debugger.

When I want to trace a variable over a period of time, I write it into a text file to see the changes.

Markus

Thank you very much for your reply.

"Navigate forward / backward" can be found in toolbar.

I've searched in Help. It seems not related to debugger.

Mike

0 Kudos