Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28443 Discussions

typos on the doumentation website

DataScientist
Valued Contributor I

This is not a question, but for the Intel Fortran compiler documenters, if they read this post:

There are several typos that I see on this page that, to my understanding, require correction:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/fortran-compiler-oneapi-dev-guide-and-reference/top/language-reference/a-to-z-reference/c-to-d/co-sum.html

1. The article is about co_sum, but the declaration states: CALL CO_MAX

2. "...procedure is references..." should be "...procedure is referenced..." in the example.

3. There might be more typos, but these are the two that came immediately to my attention.

and as always, thanks for the impressive Fortran compiler, extensive documentation, and above all, making it freely available to all with the newest release.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Devorah_H_Intel

I am checking this with the Documentation team. Thank you for the feedback.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

I am checking this with the Documentation team. Thank you for the feedback.

mecej4
Honored Contributor III

A somewhat similar documentation error, this one on line 33 of the output from ifx /help on Windows:

2. Intel Fortran compiler options may be placed in your ifort -qnextgen.cfg file.

I suspect that a hasty global replace caused ifort.cfg to change to ifort -qnextgen.cfg. 

Now that we have two compilers, ifort and ifx, please clarify whether the configuration files ifort.cfg and icl.cfg are shared by the classic and OneAPI compilers. Similarly, is there an environment variable IFXCFG pointing to the CFG file for ifx just as IFORTCFG points to the CFG file for ifort? The new compiler does not seem to read the configuration file of the ifort compiler, since the ifort.cfg file is in a subdirectory of the bin directory, and IFX.EXE is in the bin directory itself.

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Ok, so you lost me at ifort.clg

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

ifort.cfg is a file you can put in command line options that are to be used on all compiles.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

1. the ifort.cfg are all empty files - you find them with the fileseek but they do not show up as hidden files of zero size. 

2. I removed all of the if compilers, I only installed the oneAPI and yet the files for the Parallel Fortran old are back on IntelSW - did I miss something? 

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I tried the oneAPI install on a NUC that was clean and the INTELSW came back but with t single directory for IDE integration

I have no idea - clearly I made a mistake

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

[quote=JohnNichols]the ifort.cfg are all empty files[/quote]

The empty files are place holders. Users who compile in a command window can conveniently place their regularly used compiler options into those files, and avoid typing those options every time that they use the compiler from the command line.

See the section Using Configuration Files in the Ifort documentation.

Intel Fortran has provided this facility (and an associated environment variable, IFORTCFG) from at least version 4 (early 2000s). Digital Visual Fortran had an environment variable (DF) that you could directly set to a string of compiler options.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

@JohnNichols , I also installed on a clean NUC. I am not sure what you are looking for. You should have a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\ide_support_2020 with FEE and VS16 subfolders.

Hmm - I need to investigate how to install .vsix files. That may be all that is needed to resolve integration issues. (Edit: "Open it using VSIXInstaller.exe found inside Common7/IDE in your Visual Studio installation.")

0 Kudos