Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

visual studio is not showing fortran composer

arnab_p_
Beginner

Hello,

I have installed 'Microsot Visual studio Professional 2012' downloaded from microsoft dream sparck for students. I also installed the trail version (30 days) of 'Intel fortran composer XE 2013'.

But, when I open visual studio, it is not showing any fortran platform to write and execute fortran code. Is it the problem associated with

1. the installation or

2. version compatibality or (although I think version compatibilty is not the issue)

3. as I am using student vesrion of visual studio and  trial version of fortran

I shall be very thanful if you could kindly inform me for  the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Arnab Palit

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Try the tips shown in I can't create Fortran projects or see any Fortran support in Visual Studio

Let us know if that helps.  If not, please open Visual Studio, select Help > About, click Copy Info and paste the results into a reply here.

0 Kudos
arnab_p_
Beginner

I have already checked that topic. under 'Visula studio -> help->about ->installed product', 'Intel Visual Fortran' is not present. Also, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Intel Fortran\VFPackages' is also not present. Infact there is no folder with in 'Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0' called Intel Fortran  

I have attached the help->about here for your perusal.

First I installed 'Intel fortran composer XE 2013 and then Microsot Visual studio Professional 2012. 

0 Kudos
arnab_p_
Beginner

the problem is resolved. I reinstalled /modify intel fortan and then it shows the option to integrate it with visual studio.....

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ok. Perhaps you installed Visual Studio after installing Fortran?  That would cause this problem. Glad to hear you got it fixed.

0 Kudos