Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

what does the error " Check INCLUDE paths. " indicate?

Wang_J_
Beginner

In a .F90 file, i write the sentence "use bc_set", and i am sure that the file of "bc_set.f90" is added.  But when i compile the program by "debug" button. it showed the error below:

error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [BC_SET]

I deleted  "bc_set.f90" and added it again. The error still appear. 

How to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous66
Valued Contributor I

Is the module in bc_set.f90 named bc_set? The use statement is base on the module name not the file name.

0 Kudos
Wang_J_
Beginner

Annalee (Intel) wrote:

Is the module in bc_set.f90 named bc_set? The use statement is base on the module name not the file name.

yes, the module name is also bc_set.  Someone say too many "use" may confuse the system, so I move the "use" in some long files to other place, and the problem was solved.  

thank you for your timely reply.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

"The use statement is base on the module name not the file name."

A source file may contain 0 or more modules.
When module(s) present in source file, each module generates a *.mod file, and potentially a *.obj file where the * represents the module name, not the source file name. Should the source file contain code or data that is not within a module, then the compiler produces an output file (xxx.obj) where xxx defaults to the source file name.

IOW one compilation unit may produce several output files (.obj's and .mod's)

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Wang_J_
Beginner

The source file " bc_set.f90 " have the module " bc_set". So i use bc_set.  Someone say that if too may use in one source file the system may be confused. So i moved some of the use from a long source file to other place. Now the program can be compiled.  I think there was not any logical mistakes, the error was caused by confused "use" rows.

0 Kudos
Anonymous66
Valued Contributor I

Hi Wang,

I am glad to hear it is resolved. How were your use statements set up? If you can create a reproducer, I will escalate the problem to the developers

Thanks,

Annalee

0 Kudos