Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

x64 Debug fails while Win32 works fine

Wojciech_S_
Beginner

I am using Visual Studio 2010 with Intel Fortran Composer XE 2013 Update 1.

I am developing a scientific program and I can compile it in Debug Win32 mode. Once I try to do the same in x64 (Configuration Manager-> Active Solution Platform -> x64) I got a huge number of errors like

Error    431    Compilation Aborted (code 1)    C:\Projects_VS\aaa.F90    1    
Error    430     error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist.   [INPUT_MAIN_DATA_FILE]    C:\Projects_VS\bbb.F90    79    
Error    429     error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist.   [name]    C:\Projects_VS\ccc.F90    77    
Error    428     error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [MOD_INPUT_DATA]    C:\Projects_VS\ddd.F90    79    
Error    427     error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [ALGORITHM]    C:\Projects_VS\aaa.F90    77    
Error    426    Compilation Aborted (code 1)    C:\Projects_VS\transform.F90    1    

With a different program the same procedure worked fine. I have searched the whole day to find the answer but without any success.

I am really looking forward for your help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

One thing to check is whether the 32-bit compilation produced module files (*.mod) that the compiler attempts to reuse during the 64-bit compilation. You may need to have the two sets of module files put in different subdirectories, and you may need to delete the module files and rebuild.

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

It is probably the case that your program called "aaa.f90" had some sort of compilation failure that then cascaded into the other errors.

You started by showing error #431 --- can you either post the build log, or give some of the earlier error messages?

Otherwise, all we can do is make wild guesses as to the cause.

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Wojciech_S_
Beginner

I am sorry if I was not clear enough. I have played with the project and I even more confused. Once I change something in a single file and recompile the project, everything is fine.

Once I try ‘Clean solution’ first, I got 426 errors. I cannot find which mod file causes the trouble. Now it happens in Win32 platform compilation.

Do you have any ideas how can I trace and spot the error?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

You need to inspect the build log and locate the very first error appearing in that log and do what's necessary to fix that error. With modules its typical that when the compilation fails for a source file containing one or more modules that many additional errors follow corresponding to subsequent USE of the module in other areas of the source code and/or other source files.

As Lorri suggested, if you are able to attach the build log to a reply that would provide greater details about the errors that occurred and the ability to offer more specific advice on how to resolve the errors.

0 Kudos
Wojciech_S_
Beginner

Dear All, Thanks for your help. I have found the mistake. This was a circular dependency of some modules.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Glad you resolved it.

0 Kudos