Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Can`t use a Hotspot Analysis mode

Ivan_G_1
Beginner

How can i enable this new feature?

Because when i`m using a new UI on DX11 frame - i didn`t see this new icon, and it`s look like this.. without this new shiny flame icon :(

http://take.ms/zTnoT

Just don`t have hotspot icon :(can someone tell me why? or it`s cause i`m using a gtx 1070 card? Aaaand i don`t have any geometry in inputs in base pass section of frame O_O

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Ivan,

We currently are not supporting hotspot analysis on non-Intel graphics cards. In order to enable hotspot mode you'll need to use and Intel® GFX card as well as be using the new UI. 

Do you happen to have an Intel® GFX card you could test it on?

0 Kudos
Ivan_G_1
Beginner

Giselle G. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Ivan,

We currently are not supporting hotspot analysis on non-Intel graphics cards. In order to enable hotspot mode you'll need to use and Intel® GFX card as well as be using the new UI. 

Do you happen to have an Intel® GFX card you could test it on?

Hello! thank you for your reply.

I have a HD 530 build in my i5 6600k. 

So... i can use a integrated video card for capture screenshot and use it in profiler. and bottlenecks would be in same places, just different in numbers of ms?

and another question - how can i set a video card to use for graphic monitor and analyzer? can it be done in software way? because now i`m use a "hard" way, by plugin in and out my hdmi cables XD

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Ivan,

If you want to see the bottlenecks you will have to use the integrated graphics card for all of the process profiling. If you use a non-Intel card for profiling, you won't even see the GPU bottleneck tab as the feature is not supported on 3rd party graphics cards.

You can go into the device manager and disable one of the cards during the profiling/capturing process or you can switch which card is used for profiling within Frame Analyzer. Select the appropriate/desired card from the home screen of Frame Analyzer before opening up a frame. For further detail on how this is done, please visit our user guide.

0 Kudos