Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

Comparison between GPA version 17 and 18 (grid with GPU duration of events)

Luchetta__Fabio

Hello,

First of all many thanks for this useful tool (Intel GPA), that we can use free of charge.

Second, I’d like to make a complain about the new UI introduced this year.

I prepared an image composition with a comparison between version 17.3 and 18.3. In the 17 version I found very useful the grid with the draw events (markers), because I could immediately spot the GPU duration of each of them, and identify the more costly ones. In the example used in the attached image you can see it in the 17.3 grid that they are the “BasePass” and the “PostProcessing” (each of them about 600 us). Then I could also expand the subtree of PostProcessing for example, and spot the subevent of TAA to be the more costly (about 200 us).

But how can I have the same in the 18.3? You see in the left part of the image, the event list of the 18.3 version doesn't show the timings. I can see if I select one of them the duration is reported on the top left, but it is very inconvenient to select each of them one by one, especially in subtrees that can have many entries.

Thanks
Fabio

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for this feedback on our new Intel® GPA release! Just wanted to let you know that I've passed this information on to our engineering team. If you have any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to post it here in the forum.

Thank you!

0 Kudos