Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Crash analyzing a frame

Oliver_S_
Beginner

Hey there,

I'm getting a crash trying to analyze a frame in the Frame Analyzer (I've attached the frame to this thread, along with my PC info). The only message I'm getting is :

An unexpected error occurred.

Any ideas what's going wrong here?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

I'm getting a similar error loading this file as well. Let's see what the development team finds with this file.

However, I suspect the file contains bad data, which means we'll need a copy of the app which you used to create this file.

Regards,

Neal

ps-> by the way, do you get any errors from DX when running this app (that is, does this app run "clean" when using debug mode with DX?).

0 Kudos
Oliver_S_
Beginner

Hi Neal,

Yeah the app runs clean in debug mode, I bail out on any DirectX errors.

I've attached a copy of the application, you won't see much when you run it... trying to set up deferred rendering at the moment and have a problem with the quad renderer I'm using when rendering a directional light.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Oliver_S_
Beginner

I figured out part of the problem with the shader I've been using; the pixel shader didn't like me using POSITION as an input semantic for the vertex position - modifed it to SV_POSITION.

I'm not sure if that's the issue I've been having with GPA, I'll test it out when I get home tonight.

0 Kudos
Oliver_S_
Beginner

Oliver S. wrote:

modifed it to SV_POSITION.

Looks like that was the issue, I can capture and analyze frames without any problems after the modifications to my vertex/pixel shader.

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

Glad this now works... I'm assuming that I should close this issue?

Thanks again for using Intel GPA.

Regards,

Neal

ps-> I've downloaded your app and removed it from the site.

0 Kudos
Oliver_S_
Beginner

Hi Neal,

Yeah close away!

Thanks

0 Kudos