Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

Different GPU than the system you are attempting to play back error

William_J_
Beginner

Hey guys, 

So when I capture a fram (any fram from any game etc) I get this error 

https://www.screencast.com/t/030CNN7Y4

any help? I think it might be my GTX 960 and internal intel GPs fighting? but I do not know how to fix, any help would be awesome!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ryan_G_Intel
Employee

HI William,

You are correct in guessing that the dialog you are seeing stems from your 2 GPUs fighting.  They are not really fighting - this dialog is telling you that one of your cards was used to capture the frame while the other card is being used to playback your frame.  We do not fully support multi GPU systems right now, which is why you are seeing that dialog.

If you are looking to use the same card to capture and playback (view) your frame I would suggest disabling one of your cards via Device Manager then restarting.  This will ensure that only one card is being used.

As for a fix - there isn't one since the dialog you are talking about is there to inform you of the difference between capture and playback devices.

0 Kudos
William_J_
Beginner

Ryan G. (Intel) wrote:

HI William,

You are correct in guessing that the dialog you are seeing stems from your 2 GPUs fighting.  They are not really fighting - this dialog is telling you that one of your cards was used to capture the frame while the other card is being used to playback your frame.  We do not fully support multi GPU systems right now, which is why you are seeing that dialog.

If you are looking to use the same card to capture and playback (view) your frame I would suggest disabling one of your cards via Device Manager then restarting.  This will ensure that only one card is being used.

As for a fix - there isn't one since the dialog you are talking about is there to inform you of the difference between capture and playback devices.

Thank you Ryan for getting back to me on this.

I seem to have fixed that error, but I seem to have run into a new one!

I am having an added problem as well I did not talk about before. 

When I check box the "Entire Frame" option I get an error that shuts down the Frame Analyzer!!! 

https://www.screencast.com/t/qW0S5s6bsSDL

how do I fix that?

EDIT - it seems I did NOT fix the GPU thing, any help would be awesome on both the issues 

0 Kudos
Ryan_G_Intel
Employee

Hi William,

That seems like a slightly more difficult error to troubleshoot.  What are the steps you are taking that is leading up to this error?  Meaning, what app are you taking a frame of?

Also, so I can try to reproduce the issue on my side, could you provide the 'About' GPA dialog details and the dump file from that error you are seeing?

To get the About dialog info:

1.  Make sure Monitor is running (I am assuming you are on a Windows machine here)

2. Right click on the sys tray icon and click About

3.  From here, either copy n paste the info or click the 'Save as...' button

0 Kudos