Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPA 3.0: No GPU stats displayed on older Intel graphics chipsets

Zafer_K_Intel
Employee
I am running on older version Gfx-HW with WinXP
and do not get any GPU stats. Is this normal ?

Windows XP Professional, 32-bit DEP disabled Num Processors: 2 Memory: 2006MB Driver 0: Device: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family Provider: Intel Corporation Date: 1-13-2010 Version: 6.14.10.5218 VendorId: 8086 ProductId: 2a02 Stepping: c No support for GPA Instrumentation GPA install directory: C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\GPA v3.0\\ GPA version: 3.0.117271 Current user is in Administrators group: YES

Windows XP Professional, 32-bit DEP disabled Num Processors: 2 Memory: 2006MB Driver 0: Device: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family Provider: Intel Corporation Date: 1-13-2010 Version: 6.14.10.5218 VendorId: 8086 ProductId: 2a02 Stepping: c No support for GPA Instrumentation GPA install directory: C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\GPA v3.0\\ GPA version: 3.0.117271 Current user is in Administrators group: YES

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

The graphics device you are using was developed prior to the introduction of the GPA toolset, and therefore doesn't have the internal hooks that enable GPA to access GPU data.

You'll have to use one of the later graphics chipsets from Intel to be able to see GPU metrics. Here's the supported graphics devices as of the date of this posting:

• Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500
  • Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500HD
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Intel G45 Express Chipset
  • Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset
Regards,

Neal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

The graphics device you are using was developed prior to the introduction of the GPA toolset, and therefore doesn't have the internal hooks that enable GPA to access GPU data.

You'll have to use one of the later graphics chipsets from Intel to be able to see GPU metrics. Here's the supported graphics devices as of the date of this posting:

• Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500
  • Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500HD
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Intel G45 Express Chipset
  • Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset
Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
kalculusinc
New Contributor I
How do i check my chipset on Win7?
Kate
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Here's a link to a page that helps you identify which chipset you have. I've noticed that it was last updated in late December of 2010, so the information should be current (and I'm assuming that you should follow the Vista instructions for Win7).

Please let me know if this helps, and if not I can dig up some more information to help.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos