Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

GPA 4: Requirements for Intel GPA to work with DX applications?

hjmulholland
Beginner
I'm having some trouble getting intelGPA(4.1) to work with our game engine. Is there anything in particular that needs to be done for IntelGPA to work? I have tried running IntelGPA with a couple of applications that do work (the accompanying example, the directx examples, as well as a couple of games) and the overlay shows up.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

First of all, can you provide me some information about your compute environment? Please copy the information from the GPA Monitor "About..." option here.

Also, you mention that Intel GPA works with some examples (hopefully gpa_sample.exe is one of them?), but not with DirectX examples. Is this issue with all DX examples, or only some of them? You also mentioned that Intel GPA 4.1 does not work -- did Intel GPA 3.x or 4.0 work, or is 4.1 the first release of the product that you are using with these games?

One restriction to note is that Intel GPA does not currently support DX9 Ex -- we only support DX 9, 10, 10.1, and 11. So if your game and/or the examples you are using run with DX9 Ex this could explain why Intel GPA won't work with them.
I'm looking forward to more information from you so that we can help get you running with Intel GPA.

Regards,

Neal

PS-> one more thing... is your system a "hybrid" system with multiple graphics devices?

0 Kudos
hjmulholland
Beginner
Hi Neil, thanks for the reply. I have figured out what the problem was, it appears that GPA does not hook Direct3DCreate9EX, but it does hookDirect3DCreate9. After making the change, it is now working :)
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Glad to hear this is now working for you! Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions regarding the product.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
Andrew_I_Intel
Employee
GPA stilldoesn't support D3D9Ex
0 Kudos