Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPA System Analyzer for Android can't analyze apps on NVidia SHIELD

David_G_
Beginner

Hey,

I was trying to run Intel GPA System Analyzer to get a frame of my game running on Android, and it was having a problem running the application. I am able to connect, but when I try to run the application I want to profile, it puts an an error at the top saying "Application Error: Failed to connect to the application. Contact the Intel GPA support team."

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Can you please get me two pieces of information: (1) in Intel GPA Monitor, right click the icon in the notification tray and copy the info from "about..." for configuration information about your Windows system (and Intel GPA information), and (2) run "adb shell getprop" so we can get configuration information about your Android device?

thanks!

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

One more thing... I'm assuming that other Android apps can be analyzed fine, and that it's only a specific app that has the problem?

thanks!

Neal

0 Kudos
David_G_
Beginner

I sent a private message to you with the information requested.

Also, while testing on the default preloaded apps, it seems that they are also not working.

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for the additional information!

Unfortunately, your specific Android platform is not supported at this time. In parallel, I've submitted a request that Intel GPA support this in a future release.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
David_G_
Beginner

Alright!

Although it's sad to hear, I am glad that there is a request to support it!

Thanks again!

David

0 Kudos
Michael_K_2
Beginner

hi there,

just to check - is it still the case the shield isn't supported? i get a slightly different error, i.e. the "Waiting for debugger" dialog pops up but then immediately the application quits with "Unfortunately, <app> has stopped.". i get this with all of the analyzable apps on the device.

cheers,

Mike

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Unfortunately, no new information on support of this platform. I'm wondering if the change you are seeing is due to an update of the firmware on the device?

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos