Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPA crush when use

邓__道宽
Beginner

Hi 

Recently I tried using the GPA tool in the project, but the runtime is directly coredump.

# LD_PRELOAD=./libGPA.so  ./gears
    GPA interceptor init
    GPA attaching context
    GPA loading settings
    init in constructor
    Memory fault (core dumped)

My Project struct is like below:

main --(dlopen)---> libRenderEngine.so ----(link)----> libEGL.so/libGLESv2.so

But if I extra link the main program with libEGL.so and libGLESv2.so,it works.

Is the GPA library call dlsym(RTLD_NEXT, "XXX") to store the real XXX at initialize and once ?  So if the main program is not link with two librarys, then the GPA can not get the right real function and lead to core dump if call.

How can I fix this problem without modify my code and library dependencies?  please give me some advices,thanks!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us with your issue. Let's see what we can do to get you up and running with Intel® GPA. It looks like you're trying to run an OpenGL ES application, is that right?

Are you connecting System Analyzer to an Android device? Can you send me your system specs. for the system you're trying to profile? Or are you trying to use Intel GPA SDK to automate frame captures?

0 Kudos
邓__道宽
Beginner

It looks like you're trying to run an OpenGL ES application, is that right?

>>Yes. The system specs is QNX7.0 + OpenGL ES2.   I just modify a gleas2-gears application with the struct I said before for test:

main --(dlopen)---> libRenderEngine.so ----(link)----> libEGL.so/libGLESv2.so

Are you connecting System Analyzer to an Android device? 

>>I'm not good at android development. So I have not tried this way yet.

If you need, I will send you the executable program through email.

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately, Intel® GPA does not currently support QNX operating systems. The only supported systems for profiling are macOS(10.12, 10.13, and 10.14), Windows(7, 8.1, and 10), and Ubuntu (16.04 & 18.04).

Keep an eye on our releases to see if we release support for additional operating systems.

0 Kudos
邓__道宽
Beginner

We just make it work with a temporary solution.Although this looks less friendly.

This problem maybe not related to the operating system. Just about how to resolve the symbols.

Thank you for your reply. I will continue to pay attention about it.

0 Kudos