Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPA in 2011?

vrennert
Beginner
Hello Neal,

i love the fact that you are still keeping up the good work in providing help and feedback on GPA.
Now that 2011 is more then a month old i would like to ask about the future of GPA in 2011.

With Nvidia's free release of Parallel Nsight couple of weeks ago there is another competitor.
But to be honest there are lots of things i don't like on Nsight which seem better in GPA.

Can you comment on the stuff we can expect this year in case there is something coming?

P.S. I'd still like full OpenGL support. ;)

Best regards
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

First of all, in a matter of a couple weeks at GDC well be launching GPA 4.0 -- we'll be introducing some exciting new features in this next release! If you're going to GDC, you might want to check out this session.

So stay tuned -- we'll be providing more info in these forums and on the Intel GPA Home Page as we get closer to the official release.

Also, thanks for participating in these forums. We value feedback on GPA, so please let us know about what you like/dislike about the product so that I can forward your feedback to the product team.

Regards,

Neal

ps-> if you're going to GDC, stop by the Intel booth to see a demo of the new release
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

As you've probably now seen, we have release a new version of Intel GPA, version 4.0 -- please tell us how you like it!

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
vrennert
Beginner
Hello Neal,

I've had the chance to play around with GPA 4.0.
Unfortunately i must admit it got less useful to me because it depends even more on DirectX.
The samples i've inspected were quite interesting.
But i was looking forward to use it with my own application.

I wasn't able to because i do not have a D3D context present in my application and thus no GPA HUD is shown or data collected.

As far as i can remember GPA 3.x was able to collect CPU metrics for non DX applications but GPA 4.0 is not.

I sure hope OpenGL support will be available in a future release.

Kind regards,
Viktor
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello Viktor,

Thanks for downloading Intel GPA 4.0 and trying it out.

Yes, the current version of Intel GPA does require a D3D context in order to have the HUD displayed and to collect metrics.

I'll let the development team know about your interest in OpenGL.

Thanks for your feedback on these two items!

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
steveshing
Beginner
I have tried the new version of Intel GPA, version 4.0 and it`s simply awesome.

Online business management
0 Kudos