Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Intel GPA 2019.3 on Windows 8/Intel HD 4000

seb__seb
Beginner

Hi,

Since I upgraded from 2019.1 to 2019.3 intel GPA stopped working properly. I suspect that it's due to windows, probably GPA needs windows 10. However I  want to be sure it's not instead because of the old drivers that intel HD 4000 supports and in this case I need advice. I noticed intel 2019.3 has a lot of more information so I want now to update.

Our minimum specs require an intel HD 4000 so I am forced to profile there too, however intel GPA 2019 is giving only a subset of information currently, not enough to understand really what's going on.

Looking forward for your advice.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Seb,

Thank you for reaching out with your issue. It looks like the issue is not due to the Windows version, but rather the graphics on your machine. The minimum supported hardware is Intel® HD Graphics 4200, 4400, 4600, and 5000 or newer graphics hardware. Any sort of functionality that you see in older hardware is unsupported and will not work as expected.

Could you send me the info about your machine? It can be found by selecting the 'i' button found in the top-right corner of graphics monitor. This will give me additional information about your system.

0 Kudos
seb__seb
Beginner

thanks. I will profile on my surface at the moment and buy an old intel 4th based laptop later on.

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Let me know if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos