Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

Intel GPA cannot create frame capture file on Nvidia GTX460

jdyyx
Beginner
I tried to analyze the rendering of Skyrim with intel GPA's frame cpature(Ctrl+Shift+C),but i found it only worked in the starup menu,when i entered the scene, it showed 'Unsupported D3DFORMAT: 0x5343564e', my system is this:
CPU:E8400
GPU:Nvidia GTX460

Error Log: [TAL][WIN pid=4084][ 90c] Unsupported D3DFORMAT: 0x5343564e

it was my first time to ues intel GPA ,does this tool work correctly with AIT or nvidia ' grapics card???
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

There are many vendor-specific data formats, and it's hard to keep up with all that the vendors provide. Intel GPA supports some of these, but there are some that we don't support, which is why you got the error message.

The only option at this time is to use one of the "standard" formats, which will allow you to create/view the frame capture file with the Intel GPA tools.

Hopefully this helps...

Regards,

Neal

ps -> If you provide me with some info on the specific format, I can place a request with the Development Team to support this format in a future version of the product.

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Just a follow-up --> I've submitted a request to the dev team to have them provide better info when a vendor-specific data format is encountered that it doesn't know how to handle.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
suhailinternational
hmm this mater is very intressting.Intel GPA does not support frame capture or analysis for those applications which utilize any of the following features:
  • Execute on the Debug D3D runtime system
  • Use the Reference D3D Device.
  • if the problem reaming again to connect to your browser
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Yes, the restrictions you noted are documented in the Intel GPA Release Notes.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos