Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Maximum number of lights used in frame (8) exceeds device limit (0).

Krzyszkowiak__Sebast

I'd like to use Intel Graphics Performance Analyzers on GNU/Linux, especially the Frame Analyzer, to analyze OpenGL 3.0 applications on the local machine.

Its basic features seem to work well, but I can't get the performance profiling to work. All the frames I capture, even from basic apps like glxgears, show the incompatibility icon with the "Maximum number of lights used in frame (8) exceeds device limit (0)." message.

It's especially interesting as my apps are 2D and use no lights at all. Also, OpenGL standard definitely requires more lights than 0 to be supported ;) Of course, as the frames are properly executed on the same device I'm trying to analyze them on, something seems not right.

I'm using GPA 17.3.314655 with Haswell's HD Graphics 4400 on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.

GPA reports the GPU as:
Name: Intel Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller
Vendor id: 0x8086
Product id: 0xA16

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Krzyszkowiak__Sebast

Just wanted to add that I have this issue on another PC (Lenovo Yoga 900) as well, this time with:

GPU:
Name: Intel HD Graphics 520
Vendor id: 0x8086
Product id: 0x1916

Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2) (3.0 Mesa 17.3.0)

On this one there's also Windows installed, and Windows version works properly for the same app.

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Sebastian, 

What version of Ubuntu are you currently running? We currently only support Ubuntu version 16.04 on Intel® GPA.

0 Kudos