Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

This platform is not debuggable

Wolfgang_M_
Beginner

I'm not able to connect the GPA System Analyzer tool with a Asus Memo Pad FHD 10.

I get the following message 'Cannot run application. This platform is not debuggable. Contact the Intel GPA support team.'.

The Asus tablet is an official Intel Developer Platform (x86, Android). OS Version is Android 4.3 build Version V5.0.21.
GPA Tools version is gpa_16.2_release_299487_x64_standalone.

However, I can connect to a Nexus 5 phone (ARM, Android).

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Wolfgang, 

Sorry that you are running into this issue.

Does "system view" work on  your Asus Memo Pad?

Best,

Seth

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_M_
Beginner

Seth S. (Intel) wrote:
Does "system view" work on  your Asus Memo Pad?

Hi Seth,

I've no idea what you mean by "system view".  I get the error message when I try to connect with the GPA System Analyzer.

However, I found an older thread with the same issue here:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/graphics-profiling-debugging-and-analysis/topic/520615

In the discussion Neal Pierman suggests to test with the run-as command if the problem is caused by a "broken" system. I tested on my device and the run-as command did fail with

run-as: Package '...' is unknown

Any idea how to overcome this issue? I don't expect that a new system image will be released for this kinda old device.

Thanks, Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Wolfgang, 

I asked about system view to see if you had made it through the initialization layer.   It looks like you are right, it's a platform issue.   I have an Asus Memo Pad that I can try to reproduce the issue with. 

Unfortunately, these kinds of issues can be difficult to reproduce and often the fix has to do with the vendors flavor of android.  I'll post back here once i'm able to reproduce the issue.  

Is updating your Android OS to a more recent version an option?

Best,

Seth

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_M_
Beginner

Seth S. (Intel) wrote:
Is updating your Android OS to a more recent version an option?

Would love to update but unfortunately there is no newer Android OS version available.

Br,
Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Ryan_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Wolfgang,

Neil mentions in the older thread you linked to that a fix for the issue is in the September 2014 firmware upgrade for the MemoPad 8.

Have you been able to try this firmware or a similar firmware update to see if it has the same results with your MemoPad 10?

Also, since your original post we have released a newer version of GPA.  

Hopefully one of these options will help you out.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_M_
Beginner

Ryan G. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Wolfgang,

Neil mentions in the older thread you linked to that a fix for the issue is in the September 2014 firmware upgrade for the MemoPad 8.

Have you been able to try this firmware or a similar firmware update to see if it has the same results with your MemoPad 10?

Also, since your original post we have released a newer version of GPA.  

Hopefully one of these options will help you out.

Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately there is no newer version available and I don't expect that Asus will provide a update for this rather old device. The solution for me was to root the device and fix the permissions of the run-as command manually.

Br,
Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Ryan_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Wolfgang,

I am glad that you found a solution!

0 Kudos
Saj__Mejarkon
Beginner

Hey, I want to say something about asus memo pad because I am having an issue with change the setting. It shows me an error 0xc0000185 this. So How do I solve this? After this, I can't access the setting option. Please suggest me what should I do?

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Mejarkon,

Are you attempting to change settings for the laptop or for Intel® GPA within Graphics Monitor?

0 Kudos