Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

cannot find Intel GPA System Analyzer HUD after installing GPA

lizardking6
Beginner
Hello,
I have downloaded the Intel GPA tool from:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-gpa/
However, when i install it only the following are installed:
1. GPA Frame analyser.
2. GPA Platform analyser.
3. GPA Monitor.

Intel GPA System Analyzer HUD is missing.
Please help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Sorry for the confusion on the tools within Intel GPA.

Intel GPA System Analyzer HUD, though a tool that's part of the Intel GPA tool suite, does not have its own executable. Instead, the System Analyzer HUD tool gets run through the Intel GPA Monitor. The simplest way of doing this is to startup the GPA Monitor application from the Windows Start Menu, right-click on GPA Monitor in the notification area, then select "Analyze Application...", which will display the following dialog box:

Specify your game by either browsing to the executable by using the "..." button on the far right of the "Command Line" field, or by entering the game's pathname as shown in the example above. In the example above, we are going to analze "gpasample.exe", which is located in the area where you installed Intel GPA.

Then use the "Run" button to start your game, and the GPA System Analyzer HUD will then attach to the game and start the heads-up-display (highlighted in red):

For more information, please consult the Intel GPA Help File, or the Intel GPA Getting Started Guide.

Regards,

Neal

ps-> Please let me know if you have other questions about running the toolset.
0 Kudos
lizardking6
Beginner
Hello Neal,
Thanks for the swift reply. Will surely get back to you in case of any further assitance.

Regards,
LizardKing.
0 Kudos