Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

export region timings in Frame Analyzer

parky37
Beginner

In 12.5, I used to be able to select multiple rows in the Scene Overview Panel and Ctrl+C region timings. In 13.1, I can only select one row at a time. The export to CSV feature only seems to spit out raw ergs, which isn't as useful to us. Is there some alternative that I'm missing?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

I've tried running both versions of Intel GPA, and I'm not sure that I see the issues that you've highlighted.

For your first issue (selecting multiple rows in the Scene Overview Panel): from what I can see both the 2012 R5 version and 2013 R1 versions work the same -- the only way of selecting items from this panel is to select one box at a time. You also have the option of selecting multiple ergs or regions from the panel above (the Visualization Panel) by using Ctrl+Click and Shift+Click -- what you select in one panel is automatically selected in the other. Therefore, please provide me more detailed instructions on what you are doing so that I can duplicate the problem (and if you have a frame capture file to share that would be helpful).

For your second issue (export to CSV), again I'm not sure that I understand the issue. Please provide detailed instructions on what you are doing, and the CSV files (and the frame capture file) that show the differences and what you believe is missing.

Thanks for using Intel GPA!

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Ok, I've re-read your original questions, and now believe that the 2nd part (exporting ergs) is not about a change in behavior between 2012R5 vs. 2013R1, but that this is an enhancement request -- basically, you want Intel GPA to only export only those specific items that have been selected rather than all the ergs within that item.

I'll submit an enhancement request for this feature, and hopefully it's something that will be able to "bubble to the top" of the priority list.

However, as a short-term workaround, can you use a spreadsheet to sum the values for the regions?

Thanks!

Neal

ps-> Also, I could still use some feedback/clarification on your first item about selecting multiple ergs/regions.

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

I did some more testing, and by using a spreadsheet the sum of the erg values is exactly equal to what you would see in the "details" tab on the right-hand set of tabs. I tested this with the "gpu duration" metrics.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
parky37
Beginner

Hi Neal,

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I meant the other kind of selection, the blue highlight bar as opposed to the check box. I used to be able to highlight multiple rows and Ctrl+C the information out of them. Now that I can only highlight one row at a time, that process is much more time-consuming.

As far as the export functionality from the disc icon goes, what I get is something like this:

LogEntry,ID,Type,Prim Count,Old Value of GPU Duration (us),New Value of GPU Duration (us),Delta of GPU Duration (us),Delta (Percent change) of GPU Duration (us),Sample Variance (Percent change) of GPU Duration (us)
158,0,ClearRenderTargetView(),0,4.7,,,,1.6% (0.1)
161,1,ClearDepthStencilView(),0,8.1,,,,1.8% (0.3)

What I really need is more like this:

LogEntry,ID,Type,Prim Count,Old Value of GPU Duration (us),New Value of GPU Duration (us),Delta of GPU Duration (us),Delta (Percent change) of GPU Duration (us),Sample Variance (Percent change) of GPU Duration (us)
RenderBin: A,0,4.7,,,,1.6% (0.1)
RenderBin: B,0,8.1,,,,1.8% (0.3)
    RenderBin: B1,0,8.1,,,,1.8% (0.3)
    RenderBin: B2,0,8.1,,,,1.8% (0.3)
RenderBin: C,0,8.1,,,,1.8% (0.3)

Output that uses my region labels as opposed to raw D3D calls. Basically what I would be able to get by highlighting multiple rows in the previous GPA version.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you help me. :)

- James

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

Perfect follow-up! I've got the team looking into this.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
parky37
Beginner

Multi-select and Ctrl+C are working again in 13.2. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for your patience on this! Sorry we didn't get the fix to you earlier.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos