Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
499 Discussions

A question about color space conversion

ZikunTan
Beginner

Hi, I am doing an image edge detection project by high level synthesis. In platform designer, I added four university program IPs in series, they are VIP to raw, color space converter(RGB to grey-scale), color space converter(grey-scale to RGB), but the displayed image on the displayer is still a grey-scale image, not a RGB one. I dont know why I got a grey-scale image because the second color space converter is to convert grey-scale to RGB. Could anyone tell me the reason? Thanks

The attachment picture 'PD' is the screenshot of platform designer, please ignore 'GaussianSobelHLS' custom IP, I did not use this IP in the aforementioned experiment.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Deshi_Intel
Hi Zikun, Perhaps you can check out VIP user guide doc to lookout for potential answer • https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/archives/ug-vip-16.0.pdf There are few things that I think you can try out • Have you validate your “colour space converter” IP setting is correct ? Some of the important parameter setting to watchout like unsigned data type, guard bands and color mode conversion • Have you bypass your Quartus design to ensure your GPU can display correct color format to your monitor correctly ? • You may also want to try reduce your GPU video resolution • Another thing is have you check your Quartus design compilation timequest report to ensure there is no timing failure in your design ? • Finally, you may also want to try out other color mode conversion instead of grayscale to see if it work ? Thanks. Regards, dlim