Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

CL_INVALID_KERNEL_NAME runtime error in while runing on devcloud FPGA node

Beniel_T
Beginner

Hi,

I was able to compile and run the code in the emulator as well as was able to build for FPGA hardware.  But when I tried to run the code in FPGA, till the kernel called, the host code worked. But had this error popped up

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cl::sycl::runtime_error'
what(): Native API failed. Native API returns: -46 (CL_INVALID_KERNEL_NAME) -46 (CL_INVALID_KERNEL_NAME)

I have attached the makefile I used.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi

Could you please confirm if you are using oneAPI devcloud or FPGA devcloud. Also share with us the qsub command that you are using to request compute node.

Thanks

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
Beniel_T
Beginner

Hi @ArunJ_Intel,

I'm using intel Devcloud and I'm using job submit script containing bellow line, where the script contains 'make run' the hardware binary.

qsub -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:ppn=2 -d . $script

also, I print the platform and the device, before launching the kernel in the code and I get the output as,

Platform name: Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM)
Device name: pac_a10 : Intel PAC Platform (pac_ee00000)

After this verbose, at the point I call the kernel, I get the error.

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi

We have a dedicated forum for FPGA related issues. We are Moving this case to High level Design forum for a faster resolution.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Beniel_T,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Fortunately we do have a workaround for this error, please do refer to the link here and try out the fix and let us know if that helps.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Beniel_T,

Hope this message find you well, unfortunately as we do not receive any further on clarification provided. Hence, this thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries or further query on this thread, please feel free to open a new thread or reopen this thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos