Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
653 Discussions

Cannot run program on Stratix 10

kevin-tang
Beginner

Hi,

I'm running into issues running one of the OneAPI tutorial programs (link) on Stratix 10 board. It had been running successfully a few days ago. I am getting this issue on node s001-n144 for example.

1. I tried running "aocl initialize acl0 pac_s10_usm" to initialize the correct board variant, it recently gives this error:

Error enumerating AFCs: not found 
Error parsing device name ''
aocl initialize: Running initialize from /opt/intel/inteloneapi/intelfpgadpcpp/latest/board/intel_s10sx_pac/linux64/libexec 
Error parsing device name '' 
Error programming device
aocl initialize: Program failed. 

Instead I expect this output:

aocl initialize: Running initialize from /opt/intel/inteloneapi/intelfpgadpcpp/latest/board/intel_s10sx_pac/linux64/libexec
Program succeed.

2. Running the tutorial program I get this output.

Segmentation fault

I'm wondering what might be the issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @kevin-tang,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
Would recommend to check on the following steps here if you are trying to run simulation and have the mention error.
Please do also try to clean the make to see if that helps as here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
kevin-tang
Beginner

Hi BB,

I think there is some miscommunication, I'm trying to run a oneAPI example on the FPGA itself (not simulation).

I believe the issue is independent of the oneAPI program I'm trying to run, as some 'aocl' commands will also show these errors.

I saw some threads from other users over the last few weeks with similar issues to mine, are you able to investigate whether it is an issue with DevCloud?

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-High-Level-Design/Unable-to-run-on-FPGA-hardware-Error-enumerating-AFCs-not-found/m-p/1283182#M1739

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-High-Level-Design/cannot-run-on-fpga-hardware/m-p/1281525#M1717

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @kevin-tang,

Apologies for the confusion, notice that some other customers seems to have the similar problem last week, and are able to compile successfully this week, might be due to environment instabilities.
Please do try again and let us know if it works while I am checking with the platform team on this.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @kevin-tang,

Greetings, unfortunately as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. there is some issues with the platform that we notice and relevant team has been informed as well as issues has been rectified, please do have a quick validate. Hence thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos