Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
506 Discussions

Cosim testbench elaboration fails and psg_mpfr.dll and psg_mpir.dll not found

YTagu5
Beginner

Hi,

I installed Quartus Prime Pro 19.4 along with HLS Compiler and ModelSim.

I'd like to start the HLS development, so I tried to build the examples.

However, build of the example "ac_fixed_math_library" fails. First, the command prompt returns error when running build.bat : "Error: Cosim testbench elaboration failed". This is the screen image of the command prompt.

hlserr1.PNG

I attach debug.log in this post.

Second, the generation of tutorial-x86 seemed successful, so I tried to execute it; however it fails due to lack of psg_mpfr.dll and psg_mpir.dll. This is the error screen:

mpirdll.PNG

This Japanese message reads like: "Cannot continue the execution of this code because psg_mpir.dll was not found. Reinstall of the program may resolve this problem". I reinstalled HLS compiler and ModelSim, but the problem was not solved.

Best regards,

Yoshitaka

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

The issue seems with the ModelSim settings, as you can see a similar forum post with the similar ONERROR

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyTfPSAU/univercity-program-vwf-simulation-error

Please try the solution mentioned in the post , and let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards

Anil